Explosion-Proof Electric Unit Heater
Modine’s HEX explosion-proof electric unit heaters are designed for hazardous industrial locations where the potential for explosion exists due to the presence of flammable gases, vapors, powdered-metals, or dust. HEX explosion-proof electric unit heaters are UL-listed for Class I, Divisions 1 & 2, Groups C & D; Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F, and G; Class II, Division 2, Groups F and G.
- Liquid to air, finned tube heat exchanger core can be removed from the bottom for ease of service.
- Ethylene glycol water mixture used as the heat-transfer fluid in the heater core, providing -49°F (-45°C) freeze damage protection.
- Thermally protected, automatic reset, explosion-proof, motor-driven fan moves air across finned tubes for even heat distribution.
- NEMA Type 7 & 9 enclosure with large heavy-duty aluminum data plate house for added protection to crucial components.
- Automatically reset, bimetal high-limit provides over-temperature protection and is rated for 100,000 cycles of service.
- The pressure relief valve provides over-pressure protection.
- Epoxy coated, 14 gauge steel cabinet contains heater core, motor, and fan assembly.
- Narrow-gap, two-piece fan-guard shields all moving parts.
- Adjustable extruded aluminum louvers allow directional control of the air.
- Factory wired motor connection with copper conductor wires enclosed in steel conduits carry all electrical power.